Skip to content
Objectives of the Society of Naturopaths (SoN)
- To establish standards of professional training and qualifications appropriate to membership of the SoN.
- To validate professional therapy courses which meet the standard of the SoN.
- To maintain a Register of Professional members.
- To disseminate as widely as possible, via politicians, the general press and other media, all appropriate information relating to the practice of naturopathy.
- To liaise with all appropriate government departments, governmental and regulatory bodies, education providers, and external agencies in order to facilitate and promote the safe practice of naturopathy.
- To publish a professional newsletter/journal for the benefit of the Membership.
- To provide disciplinary procedures in the event of serious professional misconduct.
- To maintain professional standards of its membership by requiring their strict adherence to a code of ethics and practice.
- To provide support to student members and qualified members via all appropriate and available communication mediums.
- To source, facilitate and promote on-going training to full members (CPD).
- To offer assessment facilities to those practitioners who wish to become full members but do not hold an award issued by a recognised body.